At Skillz2Drive Driving School we don’t just teach you how to drive,
we teach you safe driving skills for life!
Here at Skillz2Drive Driving School we pride ourselves on our very high first time pass rate, We help you achieve this by using fully qualified, high grade driving instructors. We aim to get you on the roads as quickly, but most importantly, as safely as possible.
All of our Driving instructors use the latest training and coaching methods to give you the best possible training available.
All new pupils must be in possession of a valid provisional licence before lessons commence.
- All pupils will be taught on an individual basis
- We will not hold you back
- Guaranteed driving on your first lesson
- One driving instructor throughout your course
- 1 to 1 tuition (no car sharing)
We can’t promise you will pass your test first time, but we can guarantee that our driving instructors will give you the best possible tuition in order to have the best chance of passing your test first time.
About the Driving Test
You will need to take both parts of your driving licence and your theory certificate.
At the start of your test the examiner will ask you to perform an eyesight test from a 20 metre distance.
Show Me, Tell Me Questions
You will be expected to answer two vehicle safety questions, e.g. ‘can you show me how your horn works’, If you don’t answer correctly for one or both questions you will receive one driving fault.
Driving Ability Test
The test will last for around 40 minutes, in which time you must show the examiner that you can demonstrate a safe drive.
During your test your examiner will direct you around the test route. One in three tests will be asked to perform the emergency stop exercise.
You will be asked to perform one reversing exercise from the following list:
- Reversing around a corner
- Turn in the road
- Reverse park or parallel park
- Independent drive
You will be asked to demonstrate a 10 minute drive following a series of directions testing your ability to make decisions while driving safely.
End of test
- At the end of your test the examiner will tell you if you have passed or failed and will always give you feedback on your drive.
- You can make up to 15 driving faults and still pass your test but you cannot commit any serious or dangerous faults.
- Your Skillz2Drive driving instructor will make sure you are fully prepared for every aspect of your driving test.