Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Skillz2Drive Driving School reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website, after an update has been posted, will be taken as your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Learner Driver – Terms and Conditions
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor who is a self-employed franchisee of Skillz2Drive Driving School. These Terms and Conditions apply to that contract.
Paying for Lessons
You must pay for tuition in advance via one of the following methods:
- Payment by Cash or bank transfer ONLY to your driving instructor.
- You agree that monies must be paid in advance by you or on your behalf for driving lessons will be paid to Skillz2Drive Driving School or your driving Instructor directly.
- Where Skillz2Drive Driving School receives your payments for driving tuition or makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to you, or arranges payments to your Instructor, they act solely in a disclosed agency capacity between you and your instructor.
- Alternatively, you can pay your Instructor directly. Your instructor will confirm which payment methods they can accept. If you pay your Instructor directly you should obtain a receipt.
- As Skillz2Drive Driving School is not
partyto the contract between you and your Instructor it accepts no responsibility for any payments you make directly to your Instructor.
- You can only pay for lessons via the methods outlined above. You cannot pay for lessons via any other method and neither Skillz2Drive Driving School or your instructor accept any liability for monies or lessons paid for by any other method than those outlined above.
- It is your responsibility to meet the required
eye sighttest guide lineson the first lesson, failure to do so will result in the termination of the first lesson with no refund given.
Redeeming Prepaid Lessons
- You and your Instructor are responsible for
agreeingall matters relating to the timing, locationand duration of individual lessons. Where you arrange lessons through Skillz2Drive Driving School’s booking office or via Skillz2Drive Driving School’s website, Skillz2Drive Driving School provides these services solely as agent for your Instructor.
- You must present your valid UK provisional driving
licence(or other appropriately valid) to your Instructor prior to the start of your initial lesson. Should you fail to do so, your Instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have booked with them, and you may be charged the full value of that lesson. licence
- You must notify your Instructor of any matters existing at any time that may affect your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid driving
- The value of driving lessons your Instructor will deliver to you is equal to the value of the monies received from you. Your Instructor does not know when you will redeem your prepaid lessons and therefore they cannot guarantee you that they will be available each time you choose to request a driving lesson.
- Skillz2Drive Driving School reserve the right to change lesson prices with 4 weeks’ notice.
- You must give at least 24 hours notice to your Instructor if you wish to cancel or re-arrange booked lesson. Failure to do so may result in your Instructor charging you the full amount for that lesson.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to check and confirm all lessons and times in advance with their instructor.
- You understand and acknowledge that lesson fees paid to Skillz2Drive Driving School for prepaid lessons must be applied to lessons by you within six months of the date of your original payment.
- Intensive and
semi intensivecourses paid for in advance are non-refundable if you decide to pull out at any point and for any reason due to the short nature of the driving course.
- All driving school gift vouchers have a 6-month expiry date from the date of issue.
- Payment of the 1st five lesson offer is for new drivers only and is paid for in advance or on your first lesson in full and covers the 1st 5 lessons only. It is non-refundable and can only be used once per pupil.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to make sure all outstanding lessons are taken before the end of the driving course as outstanding lessons cannot be refunded.
- You acknowledge that you will not be entitled to a refund of any lesson fees not applied to lessons, or to
utiliselesson fees paid for booking further lessons, after the expiry of this period.
Transferring Prepaid Lessons:
- You cannot sell or transfer lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person.
Driving Instructor and Pupil Safety:
- Driving instructors are here to help you learn to drive and will not tolerate physical or verbal abuse from any pupil. Any such
behaviourwill result in immediate termination of the lesson and the police being informed and no refund given.
- Any pupil being suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or lack of sleep at the start of the planned lesson will have their lesson terminated and no
refund givenfor that lesson.
- It will be the pupil’s responsibility to arrive for each lesson fit to drive for their own safety and all other road users’ safety.
Your Instructor and Skillz2Drive Driving School are not liable for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- There is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body.
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach of a legal duty.
- Any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you.
- Any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
- Your Instructor and Skillz2Drive Driving School shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have, including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business interruption.
- You are reminded that Skillz2Drive Driving School
areparties to the contract for driving tuition itself, which is between you and your instructor. This does not affect any liability that Skillz2Drive Driving School may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach (including negligence) by it or them of any legal duty owed byit or them to you.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
- We hope that all new pupils who come to us enjoy the experience of learning to drive with Skillz2Drive Driving School, but if you have any complaints or questions relating to your Instructor or Skillz2Drive Driving School please, in the first instance, inform your Instructor or contact us direct at the school head office.